Host an Event
Sky's the limit! Companies, non-profits and schools are encouraged to participate. Celebrate leadership through global action by designing and hosting one activity or project for a leadership audience that will accomplish any of the following:
- add to the international dialogue regarding globally connected teaching and learning
- educate leaders about international education programs
- call attention to the need and importance of fostering global competency in today's students and teachers
Be creative when designing your leadership event. Anything related to our mission that encourages global action is acceptable.
- Plan and design a face-to-face or virtual event for global education leaders on the platform of your choice.
- Events must be free of charge for participants. You are welcome to require pre-registration if there is a need to limit participants. You need to develop a method for this if you choose to do so (Eventbrite, Google Forms, etc).
- Create a home base for your event. This starting point could be a public document or website to be referenced by participants. You need to provide a specific URL. (Google Doc, Weebly Site, etc).
- This doc or site should have all the relevant details for participants including your contact information, date, time, description, tech requirements, expectations of participants etc. Be really specific with your directions for participating.
- Select a time that works for you during the week of April 24th in YOUR time zone. This is a week long movement, so select a time that works for you. Time slots are for one hour and start at the top of each hour. Events can go as long as two hours.
- Fill out this booking form ( also embedded below) and the details will be immediately posted on our calendar. First, select your time zone, and then fill in the required information. Your event will also be manually added to the event directory. NOTE: You can change the date and time if needed, but to change any other details, we recommend that need to cancel the event and re-book with corrections. (REQUIRED)
- Note that when you book through our YouCanBookMe calendar, a Google Hangout link is automatically generated. We're not sure how to remove that feature; do not use that link.
- If you would like your class, school or non-profit organization listed as a participant, fill out this form as well. For-profits need to be sponsors of the Global Education Conference and/or this specific event in order to be listed. Events held by for-profit entities can appear in our calendar of events and directory only. Contact Steve Hargadon for sponsor specifics.
- Publicize your event!If you want many participants, you need to help get the word out. Post to social media using the hashtag #globaled17. We'll also be promoting your event as well.
- Take pictures during your event, and post them to Instagram using the hashtag #globaled17.
- This event is not the same as our annual Global Education Conference. It is a related project.
- If your proposed event does not meet these requirements, we may cancel your event and ask you to re-book following these directions.
- Events and projects must focus on a topic related to globally connected learning and global citizenship.
- The audience for your event or project must be at least one of the following: student leaders, teachers leaders, administrators, teacher educators, academics, policymakers, non-profit leaders and corporate leaders.
- The host organization is in charge designing and executing their planned event. The Global Collaboration Day organizers only provide this website for aggregation purposes.
- Events and projects must have a virtual component so that people can participate from around the world in some capacity. It is acceptable to host a in person event, but please plan for a virtual component as well.
- Every entry must have a starting point. This means a URL (link) to a place where participants can get started with the project. (e.g Blackboard Collaborate Virtual Room, website, portal, community in Edmodo, etc.). If you need a Blackboard Collaborate room, contact Steve Hargadon directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if he has one available for your use.
- Note that when you book through our YouCanBookMe calendar, a Google Hangout link is automatically generated. We're not sure how to remove this from the booking process. This hangout will NOT be used for your event. Do not use this link for your event.
- Clear directions for your event or project on how to participate need to be provided. This will ensure a successful event. Remember, participants may not be technologically savvy or have bandwith issues, so we want to make event experiences as uncomplicated as possible.It is highly recommended that you keep your event simple and easily accessible for less experienced participants.
- While you can book a time slot for up to two hours, you may attract more participants if your event takes less time.
- Asynchronous activities such as surveys, Twitter polls, collaborative document creation are fine. Just make sure to schedule your event as early on the schedule as possible and in the notes field at the end of our booking form, indicate that your project will be taking place over a certain period of time.
- For profits and non-profits as well as individuals and schools are welcome to host events. Non-profits and sponsors benefit from our outreach and publicity efforts. Contact Steve Hargadon at email@example.com with information regarding our sponsorship packages.
- Anyone is welcome to attend listed events with the exception of the Global Education Summit, which is an invite only event due to venue space limitations.